Im currently seeking an ambitious Senior/Lead DevOps engineer for a 6 months contract starting ASAP for a client based In the Sydney CBD!!!
As the Senior/Lead DevOps Engineer you will lead the design and build of complex infrastructure, operational processes, and infrastructure automation, creating and improving development and operational capabilities, including: disaster recovery, high systems availability, on-demand scalable solutions, and infrastructure monitoring and continuous deployment capabilities.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Automate processes through CI/CD pipelines, build tooling, and create infrastructure as code solutions
- Work with development team to provide scalability, availability and reliability of services
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot the automated CI/CD environment.
- Participating in small, energetic teams on a rapid, agile development schedule
- Providing technical assistance and information to other team members
- Influence and lead design efforts for the most secure and scalable environments that satisfy both operational and product needs in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Create architecture and solution design documents to share, information and for external assessments
The successful candidate will have around 8+ year's experience within a DevOps or Operations related field and be ready to step into a fun and challenging environment.
Skills needed for this role are:
- Deep understanding of cloud services provided by AWS (EC2, S3, Route53, ECS etc)
- Expert knowledge of Linux Operating Systems.
- Comprehensive CI/CD pipeline skills (Git, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, and CodePipeline)
- Good database knowledge (RDBMS: MS SQL Server, NoSQL: DynamoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Strong experience in configuration management tools (Preferred: Ansible, Puppet, OpsWorks)
- Proficiency in one of the following programming/scripting languages: Python, Bash, C#
- Strong in Infrastructure as a Code implementation (CloudFormation).
- Expert skills in a programming language, proficient in managing infrastructure as code
- Expert in Web/Cloud based technologies and system administration within cloud and co-located hosting environment
- Strong experience in database design and development
Interviews for this position will be starting early next week so please don't hesitate to apply and I will give you a call to discuss the role further.
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT 0292851000
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018