My client is looking for an Experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join their team on a 6 months contract based in Sydney CBD starting in the next 4 weeks.
Based in the heart of Sydney CBD you will be joining a well-established team supporting them across two major projects. This opportunity is to start on a 6 months contract but is highly likely to role on for minimum of a year.
The successful applicant will join a team working on operationalizing an enterprise Kubernetes cluster that can run either on AWS or on premises (platform agnostic) and will also work on embedding a SAST (Static Application Security Testing) scanning solution (Microfocus Fortify) into our CI/CD pipelines.
Responsibilities For this position involve:
- Help development teams to automate their build, test, and packaging and deployment procedures to provide a pipeline deployment capability into Production.
- Support existing development and deployment tools and build new ones where gaps exist in our tooling portfolio.
- Troubleshoot deployment issues and infrastructure issues that are affecting development teams' delivery capability.
Technical Skills We Are Looking For:
- Development experience in a high-level programming language (e.g. Ruby, Java, C#, Python, GO)
- Strong working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code concepts, tools and CI/CD (e.g. Ansible, GoCD, Jenkins, GitLab, CloudFormation, Packer, Helm, Docker)
- Experience with Linux and comfortable working on the command line (specifically RHEL/Centos/CoreOS)
- Scripting skills to enable automation of manual tasks (e.g. Bash/Ruby/Python)
- Strong working knowledge of core AWS Cloud Services (EC2, ELB, IAM, VPC, Route 53, RDS, S3, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFormation)
- Automate and provision Windows based services (e.g PowerShell, Packer)
- 1 to 2+ years' experience architecting and managing large Kubernetes clusters in both a cloud and Data Centre environment.
- Proficient in container ecosystem and the use and configuration of Docker or equivalent framework.
If this opportunity sounds good to you and you have, the skills needed to be successful then please apply today and I will give you a call to discuss.
For more information, please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT 0292851000
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018