Progressive IT are currently representing a global market leader in high frequency trading, who are looking for a Senior Data Ops Engineer, who originates from a strong development background and has been working heavily with NoSQL.
- Senior Data Ops Engineer
- Permanent Opportunity
- Sydney CBD
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities
- $150k - $180k base + super + benefits
What you will be responsible for:
- Take on the SME role for systems and NoSQL strategy
- Monitor the health and capacity of worldwide clusters.
- Liaise with network staff, developers and product owners to ensure hardware and network capacity is keeping up with large-scale requirements and improve software stack.
- Write documentation and runbooks to support the clients systems.
- Critically evaluate NoSQL database architecture.
- Propose, own, and implement medium and long term improvements towards supportability or performance.
Essential skills and experience:
- 5+ years in a software developer role. Experience with C++, C#, Java or Python
- 3+ years' experience with NoSQL systems. Experience with Cassandra, HBase or Redis is ideal.
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Experience managing both physical hardware as well as AWS
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Experience with configuration management tools (i.e. Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Experience working in agile environments
- Nice to have Aerospike
To learn more, please contact Adam Wilkinson for a confidential discussion on 02 9285 1007 and click APPLY!
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018