Progressive's client, a large multinational oil and gas company, is currently looking for the following position to be based in Accra, Ghana.
Senior Contracts Advisor
Our client is seeking to hire a Senior Contracts Advisor based in Accra who will be supporting the Wells Team and other support functions within the Business Unit in the development & execution of procurement strategies including:
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring to continuously develop and improve the skills and ability of all Contract personnel within the C&P team.
- Reviewing specifications and scope of work and further develops these into a clearly articulated expression of commercial intent.
- Developing, compiling and conducting pre-qualification exercises, invitation to tender documentation, tender openings and evaluation of tenders received, including detailed analysis of commercial and contractual qualifications, exceptions and deviations.
- Collating feedback of vendor data to the SCM Data, Systems & Reporting Advisor
- Ensuring governance and compliance obligations are fully addressed and documented
- Being responsible for contractor performance management
- Providing support to contract owners or budget holders in support of the contract management process, on post-award contractual interpretation and administration matters
- Providing regular management reports on activities
- Undertaking other duties within his or her capability or qualification level as may be reasonably required
- Being responsible for local content requirements in the C&P tender process (strategy formulation, setting of LC questions, evaluation of responses, LC evaluation reports, drafting of LC obligations in the contract and providing feedback to tenderers).
You will be an experienced Senior Contracts Advisor having experience in post award administration and reporting, contractor performance management and also demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Minimum of 10 years evidenced experience in contracts negotiation is paramount.
- Predominantly contracts formulation experience for operations and/or indirect procurement within Oil & Gas with substantive exposure to legal and commercial issues within supply chain.
- Should hold a Degree in a business, engineering or management related subject area.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Team management experience is required
- CIPS qualification or similar preferred.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.