Fantastic opportunity for a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer for a 12 month contracts with this role based in the Norwest with a huge Australian owned organisation.
About The Role:
This role will liaise with Business Customers, various IT departments and vendors.
You will be responsible for ensuring that a program of work is delivered via a partner or
Internal resources in the most cost effective and productive manner with the highest possible standard of quality.
The Infrastructure Engineers - Cloud Services, works with the teams, partners and vendors which
Deliver cloud services across the business. The role provides technical leadership,
Design and architecture expertise and support for the management of the IT infrastructure services.
What's involved in the role?
- Lead the design of Cloud based technology projects
- Act as the Solution Lead across Cloud projects.
- Collaborate and work as part of Digital Devops project
- Develop and monitor Cloud Service Performance metrics and reporting to ensure the quality and cost of service is optimised
- Financial analysis - Cloud Service costing and pricing, benchmarking, support budget and monthly forecast
Experience you'll need:
- A Senior SME with circa 7+ years' experience in the Infrastructure and/or Development Space.
- Broad and deep knowledge of Cloud computing fundamentals and technology; Recognised SME in terms of Cloud Architecture patterns, Technology and Implementation
- Microsoft Azure Cloud SME, with recent and deep experience designing and implementing Azure based systems
- Significant experience in a similar role within a large, complex organisation
- Scripting and Automation skills with particular experience in Azure (powershell, Azure Runbooks, ARM templates, CI/CD deployments, etc)
- Deep core Infrastructure technical background experience including Sysadmin (Windows/and Or Linux), DNS, Network and Firewall, Active directory etc
- Understanding and deep practical experience of core Azure networking and PaaS Services (Eg Express Route, SQL DB, ASE, Azure webapps, etc)
- Ability to work with DevOps and fast moving "Online" Digital environments, including delivery of projects via Agile methodologies
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Software Development experience (Desirable but not mandatory)
- Deep Infrastructure technical background highly desirable
- GCP Cloud Architecture and implementation experience highly desirable but not mandatory
If you would be keen to discuss this position in more detail then please apply today and I will be intouch to discuss the role further with you.
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018