My Client is looking for a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer starting on a 6 months contract to join their newly formed engineering team in Sydney CBD!
An exciting Opportunity to join a newly formed Azure Cloud engineering team with one of Australia's leading insurance companies.
Please see below the main duties and responsibilities for this role:
- Developing and administering Cloud governance to an Enterprise Cloud.
- Designing, building, and implementing scalable cloud-based applications for PaaS, IaaS, or SaaS, within an Azure Hybrid Cloud Topology.
- Developing infrastructure as code on Azure using best practices and implementations across all environments from dev to production.
- Utilise Continuous Integration and Continuous Development to deploy applications in Azure
- Developing effective cloud infrastructure, enforcing good architectural principles, providing technical oversight, and ensuring security best practices are implemented and followed.
- Automating and streamlining operations processes within an Agile working environment, and integrating company applications with the Azure platform
- Optimizing cost/capacity ratios, proper monitoring, scaling, implementing and validating database DR scenarios, networking, and security frameworks.
- Aid in reviewing design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Assist with Cloud Cost visibility, optimisation, and governance initiative
- Respond to questions of advice from IT/Developers wanting to provision new or expand Cloud services.
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) concepts and application in Azure
- Git backed repos such as GitLab and CI/CD Tooling such as TeamCity, Octopus Deploy
- Implementing cloud platforms including network design & configuration
- Supporting operations or development teams in a DevOps/Agile environment
- Strong foundation knowledge surrounding Microsoft Azure cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
- Planning, designing and deploying Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS deployments, migrations, network, and security frameworks
- Azure Policy
- Azure PowerShell and/or Azure CLI, PowerShell DSC
- Azure ARM Templates and using Parameters and Variables,
- Azure Tagging via scripts - applying, updating, clean-up
- Azure networking, specifically with Azure Hybrid Cloud topology
- Azure Monitoring, Backup, and DR
- Azure subscription models best practices (separating Prod and non-prod etc.)
- Azure RBAC, Service principles, Managed Service Identities (MSI's)
- Azure App Services (WebApps, Functions, API App, Logic Apps) and Isolated App Service Environments
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure SQL, Cosmos DB
- Azure Search, Redis Cache
- Azure Backup & Azure Site Recovery
- Setup of Azure resources to point to Log Analytics Workspaces
- Azure Automation e.g. non-prod shutdown/start-up
- Setup of Azure Update Management for VM's
- Azure Blueprints
- Azure Management groups
- Azure AKS
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Firewall
- Azure Security center event/alerts forwarding (email & ext. SIEM)
- Azure Sentinel
- Azure Configuration (VM level change tracking)
If your an Azure Gun and are currently looking for your next big move then please apply to this role ASAP and i will give you a call to discuss further.
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018