Currently looking for a Experienced Security Engineer specialist to join a large consultancy and key client of mine. Starting on a 6 months contract with a view to extend.
This position is responsible for providing technical input regarding the company network design; propose ideas and solution for security service improvement.
Security management and systems maintenance to ensure the integrity of the network as well as direct the regular audits of the security components to ensure that all network devices are being constantly managed and monitored. Overall network support to resolve issues where required and provide technical input and analysis and problem management including management of maintenance vendors. Provide technical expertise in the area of voice, data and network performance and upgrades, for both day to day activities and projects.
Primary Skills Needed for this role:
Network Security-ASA/ Checkpoint, WAF, Cisco IPS, Application Scanning
Secondary Skills: DNS, DHCP, TACACS, NTP, SNMP, SSL, TLS
The key skills & experience desired for this position are as follows:
- Extensive experience with ASA / Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco IPS, Application Scanning, WAF.
- Strong knowledge of sub netting, ipv4, firewalls, routing, packet filtering.
- Extremely strong technical ability in layer 2-7 IP, TCP, UDP protocols
- Desired industry / vendor certifications: CISSP, CCNP, CCSA
- Experience with network service protocols - DNS, DHCP, TACACS, NTP, SNMP, SSL, TLS
It would be highly regarded if you also have experience such as:
- Good understanding of security operational processes and controls as well as a broad knowledge of security risks and preventative controls
- Experience of implementing network management software
- Exposure to Anti malware appliances
- Experience with project planning, including development of plans & schedules.
- Experience with and understanding of SSL certificates.
If you feel you can meet the requirements needed for this role and are looking for for your next career move please apply today and i will be intouch to discuss further.
For More information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018