Progressive is looking for a professional who can join The Analytical Development department within Janssen Vaccines Leiden (one of the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson).
The department is responsible for developing methods that are required for analysis of vaccines for human use. Analysis includes testing for identity, quantity, potency, purity and contamination; in particular, extraneous agents safety.
Job Title - Scientist
The candidate will be responsible for the extraneous agents safety of products developed by Janssen Vaccines Leiden. Furthermore, this individual will ensure method development and validation of in-process control and release methods to be conducted at GMP level in-house and at contract laboratories.
What is important? Being able to demonstrate flawless documentation, effective communication with varied levels of the organization, a strong sense of responsibility and a passion for quality.
Skills & Experience
* Microbiology (most relevant areas: prison/TSE, viruses, microbials, in that order) and/or cell biology.
* Assay development and validation of cell-culture based and/or molecular methods (for example, mammalian cell culture, PCR, sequencing).
* cGXP and/or other quality management systems.
* Bio pharmaceutical manufacturing (preferred).
* Must have excellent writing skills.
* Enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team.
* PhD-degree or MSc with publications and excellent writing skills.
* Minimal 2 - 5 years of experience with method development.
* Demonstrable experience with cGXP and/or other quality management systems.
* Full time highly preferred. 36 hours is discussable.
* English is a MUST, Dutch is not. (plus)
* Longer term anticipated.
If this position is something that you want to do, and if you believe you have the right qualifications and experience required for the role, please do not hesitate and send us an e-mail with your most recent CV and short motivation letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com