Our client, an international Oil & Gas exploration company, are currently looking for a highly-experienced rig supervisor to assist with their operations in Nigeria.
Represents the company on a rig site to support the safe and efficient execution of well plans. Is the primary contact for rig and third party personnel to ensure logistics for personnel, equipment and services are appropriately organised and managed.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for communicating expectations regarding safety, security, health, and environment; provides guidance and supports managing Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) events
* Responsible for communicating Operations Integrity Management Systems (Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS)) expectations on the rig site
* Monitors rig operations to provide feedback and input to the rig contractor to ensure well control procedures are properly followed and emergency situations are appropriately managed
* Responsible for ensuring that safety, operational, environmental, security and other drills are conducted on site at specified frequencies
* Responsible for ensuring drilling and completion procedures are followed as approved and utilises management of change processes if changes are required
* Orders and organises logistics for services and equipment necessary to conduct drilling and completion operations efficiently
* Supports on-site surveillance requirements for the operation in areas such as kick detection, abnormal pressure detection, torque & drag, mud properties, and solids control efficiency
* Responsible for generation of accurate and adequate operations reports
* Interfaces with engineering and geology to ensure understanding of well objectives and procedural requirements
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum 10 years industry experience in rig supervisory or rig leadership roles for drilling and completion operations
* Minimum 20 years' experience working for a major Operator or Drilling Contractor
* Hold current certification for Well Control
This is a job level 3 position: 20+ years of related experience is required
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.