My retail client is currently seeking a Solution Architect within MIS who specialises in Data projects. As the Solution Architect you will be responsible for the overall architecture & design for projects.
The Retail Solution Architect will have at least 2 successful full lifecycle implementations/upgrades on retail, ERP, Big Data or Web platforms.
Working closely with the Business and Project teams you will deliver the architecture deliverables for key parts of our Master Data Management solution, and integration into the technology estate. You will also take a role in the development of our reference architecture for all Technology projects.
Key responsibilities and Tasks:
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintain and keep an up-to-date documentation of technical and application architecture
- Periodically evaluate architectural landscape for efficiencies and define current state, target state architecture and transition plans, road maps to achieve desired architectural state.
- Research retail and fashion industry trends and best practices and develop recommendations of technologies and methods to stakeholders at all levels.
- Conducts/leads proof of concepts to prove new technologies in support of architecture vision and guiding principles.
- Assist in the ideation and execution of architectural principles, guidelines and technology standards that can be leveraged across the team and organisation.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code delivered aligns to agreed upon principles, design, etc., and satisfies the stated business need.
- Provide architectural consultation, support, mentoring, and guidance to project teams, solution architects and developers.
On a day to day basis you will be expected to:
- Produce project design artefacts as required by the project including High Level Designs (HLD), Solution Architecture Designs (SAD), Data Models (Conceptual, Logical, Physical as required) and Source to Target Data Mappings
- Identify business requirements that affect enterprise architecture and provide solutions that integrate into the clients overall architectural vision and strategy
- Provide organisational expertise to align solution architecture and technical design to business requirements.
Essential/ Desired Skills, Qualifications and Behaviours
- Experience of Retail Reference Architecture
- Experience of Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF)
- 5+ years of solutions architecture in large scale and dynamic enterprise environments
- Experience defining and building complex architecture across diverse platforms and technologies (Web, Mobile App, ESB, Legacy, Point of Sale, ERP)
- Familiarity with industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks including approaches e.g. Iterative, Agile, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), etc.
- Ability to lead, providing clear technical direction in the face of conflicting requirements and/or ambiguity.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply by sending an updated CV which I will respond to immediately with a call to discuss further.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales