A fast growing life sciences company in Mounds View, MN is looking for a Reliability Engineer to join their expanding team.
Are you an experienced Reliability Engineer looking for the next challenge? Then this could be what you have been looking for.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you'll be responsible for providing key technical expertise and quality leadership of Cardiac Rhythm Heart Failure (CRHF) non-implantable medical software systems, helping us to ensure they exceed the requirements and expectations of patients, clinicians, regulators and the business. Your position spans the full range of the product life cycle from development and market release to sustaining our software products following market launch.
Your primary focus will be on leading and facilitating the Quality and Reliability activities while collaborating with the product design and development teams. But you'll also play a critical role in defining and expanding software reliability expertise within CRHF and help us become a Center of Excellence for Software Reliability across the company.
As a member of our team, you're expected to serve as both a technical leader and a change agent, working collaboratively with multiple business functions. As such, this role is expected to have a mastery of reliability engineering standards, technical principals, theories, concepts and tools, effective communication skills that serve a broad range of audiences (both technical and non-technical), and the leadership skills needed to be recognized as a subject matter expert and primary technical contact for reliability on projects and/or programs.
You are a self-motivated person, determined to succeed. You have strong analytical and conceptual thinking, working through the details while seeing the big picture. You have a desire to learn and improve the current technology and processes, driving for creative solutions and sustainable results.
You must be able to …
- Understand the importance of product performance, functions, and product use environments to appropriately and strategically apply technical knowledge, reliability tools and reliability methodologies to drive reliability improvements
- Define the approach and methods to prove and demonstrate reliability from the beginning, including the identification and proper collection of performance objectives, design requirements, measures and metrics
- Proactively design in reliability and perform analysis against features, requirements, architecture, interfaces, and designs, through the appropriate application of reliability engineering techniques
- Work collaboratively with Design Engineering, Development, Test Engineering, Regulatory Affairs, and other cross-functional partners
What skills/experience should you have?
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Reliability Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- 5 to 7 years' relevant experience.
- Experience with Software Reliability Engineering models including growth models
- Experience in the design, maintenance, or continuation engineering of released software or software systems, including mobile applications
- Experience with Agile or behavior-based development
- Experience with C, C++, C#, Java, Perl, Python
- Experience working with Unix/Linux, system libraries, file systems, client-server protocols
- Experience with network theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP), MAC Addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, load balancing
Why work with us?
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Health Advocate
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent care flexible spending account
- Commuter benefits
- Life AD&D Insurance
- Short-term disability coverage
- Long-term disability coverage
- Group accident
- Group Critical illness
- 401 (k) retirement plan
Who will you be working for?
You will be working within a life sciences company out of Mounds View, Minnesota.
With such diverse environment, you will be supported whilst working for an equal opportunity employer. You are sure to be working for a company who will recognise and reward you for your talent and commitment.
If you have ability and desire to work among a community of professionals who will both challenge and develop your skillset, then we want to hear from you.
Get in touch, today!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.