Our client, a world leading medical device company in Minneapolis, MN is currently recruiting for a mid to senior level Technician to join their expanding team on a 1 year contract with an opportunity of extension or converting to a permanent position.
- Independently set up test equipment and efficiently execute manual and automated tests at system and subsystem levels.
- Independently document test results, assuring appropriate detail to meet quality system requirements.
- Ensure appropriate calibration and maintenance of test equipment, including facilitation with supporting resources.
- Organize and maintain lab stocks of consumable supplies & subcomponents in the work area. Order components and materials from established vendors as needed to maintain adequate stocks.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Follow established environmental, health, and safety procedures.
- Independently assemble and troubleshoot electrical circuits, fluid circuits, and mechanical systems.
- In consultation with others, perform data analysis and summary using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- In consultation with others, prepare test protocols and test reports.
- Follow applicable quality system procedures governing development of a medical device.
Skills and Experience required
- Ability to maintain focus and attention to detail in setting up, executing and documenting mechanical tests.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel to perform data entry, modest data analysis such as basic graphs and summary statistics, and ability to format data as requested for export to other programs.
- Proficient with standard test and measurement equipment, such as multi-meters and oscilloscopes, thermocouples and RTDs, pressure transducers, flow meters, conductivity cells, pH sensors, weight scales, and calipers.
- Basic chemistry lab skills to measure ingredients, prepare solutions, and perform simple test measurements such as pH and conductivity.
- Ability to work with hand and power tools, including operation of drills, power saws and mills to perform minor fabrication and modifications.
- Ability to assemble and troubleshoot electro-mechanical equipment, including wiring and interface electronics, fluid circuits, and mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to read electrical and fluid circuit schematics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word to prepare and document test protocols and test reports.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint to create simple diagrams, figures, and schematics to document work performed.
- Basic familiarity with collecting data using Labview software. Labview programming skills are not required, but modest Labview programming skills would be helpful.
Benefits of working with us
If you have ability and desire to work among a community of professionals who will both challenge and develop your skill set, then I look forward to hearing from you
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.