I have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor w/ Project Management experience for a 6 month contract in Edinburgh.
Rate: £26-28 per hour
The Project Responsible for estimated £3m school extension and refurbishment involving some critical phasing, project reporting and managing internal design and external consultants (QS/engineer) together with a variety of PM QS roles on other smaller projects and potentially acting as project officer on some of our housing projects.
* Ability with draft contracts/ manage/ administer; including instructions/ valuations/ payments/ final account; high commercial awareness and ability to drive out value- even when on site.
* Programme production/ management including procurement; high level to detailed/ daily management; ability to review forthcoming/ long lead issues and manage accordingly
* Risk management * Contract management; on site
* Design management; managing design teams, interrogating information from design team/ prior to instructions - back to driving out value
* Term of appointment is expected to be minimum 6 months (which shall be reviewed dependant on workload and could potentially be extended - potential future workload for Capital Projects in further years is expected to be significant)
* Candidate is expected to have the ability to manage/competently run projects from inception to completion - this will include both Project Management and/or QS duties and could involve managing internal or external design teams or being part of same. A mix of both private contracting and QS experience could be beneficial. Candidate should possess a high level of commercial awareness/development experience.
* Experience in commercial, education and housing desirable with public procurement knowledge/experience beneficial.
* Candidate should have a good personality and be able to motivate the team and able to develop project programmes and strive to achieve them, being able to work within the constraints of a local authority and the restrictive procedural processes and legislation compliance involved and be able to keep a good audit trail, be able to report to/work with the line management/other designated Council staff to develop and implement procurement strategies yet be able to act on their own initiative to progress matters and manage individual projects as necessary
* Due to remote admin support being varibable the candidate will also be expected to/ be able to address a variety of office administrative tasks in conjunction with the demands of the post
* Car & drivers - candidate will be expected to have their own vehicle and full clean driving license
* Job likely to be majority office based but include out of office meetings and site visits etc
* Desirable skills - high level of IT competency expected, CSCS preferred
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales