Progressive Global Energy are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Technician to work for one of the world's biggest oil and gas companies based in . If you want to work for an amazing company with very quick progression apply here.
QA Technician: must have experience in a Machine Shop
Shift pattern: 1st shift (7am-3:30pm) but may be asked to switch to swing shift in the future (~10am-7pm)
Pay Rate : $22.50
Location: Broussard LA USA
Duration : 11 month with potential to hire
The Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role, you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
What you would be doing as a QA Technician in this creative role would include but not limited to
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Perform inspections on manufactured parts, in-process inspections, FAI (first article inspections) and receiving inspection to verify product meets specifications and are free of damage or defects
- Responsible for Control of Calibrated equipment requirements and ensuring all equipment requiring calibration are kept under control
- Track NCR's for timely closure and adequate corrective actions
- Verify that product is manufactured according to specified drawings by performing in-process inspections
- Perform incoming inspection on selected and identified products Report any product issues to management that may affect functionality Perform, document, and report out on incoming inspections on critical or identified parts Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- High school diploma/GED plus 3 years working experience in a Machine Shop or Quality role Proficient with software applications applicable to the job Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Prior experience in inspection processes for manufacturing Prior experience in Documentation Control Ability to use inspection tools such as callipers, micro meter, gauges Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills Ability to read and translate drawings, repair procedures and quality documents Basic computer skills in Outlook and Microsoft applications (word, excel, PowerPoint) SAP experience preferred
If this is something that you would be interested in or know of anyone that would be, please call 713 423 1636 or simply apply here
Job Type: Contract
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.