This role is responsible for aiding in the overall success of food safety compliance and quality assurance for our client. This is a supervisory role that reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager. The QA Supervisor is also responsible for aiding in the implementation of Food Safety and Quality Assurance directives as well as a continual focus on further improvement.
- Ensure compliance to local, state, and federal food safety standards through the execution of Company food safety standards
- Assists with the delivery of company competence regarding production of consistent and measurably higher quality products
- Facilitate and coordinate efficient and effective quality standards within customer expectations
- Maintain a team environment among department and supervisory staff
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment
- Manage a staff of Quality Assurance Technicians to ensure quality standards are being met.
- Work closely with the QA Manager in the areas of quality program management, inspection coordination and testing requirements.
- Maintain, review, and file Quality and Food Safety paperwork on daily basis in accordance to company guidelines.
- Think independently to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and changes affecting food safety and develop and recommend appropriate program changes to ensure governmental compliance.
- Technical knowledge of quality and food safety
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies (i.e. USDA)
- 2-3 yrs experience in Quality Assurance or Food Safety Leadership
- Experience in: Developing, maintaining and enforcing employee schedules, good Manufacturing Practices Audits (GMP Audits)
- Knowledge and capability to understand, writing and implement SOP's
- Food quality and safety documentation and reporting
- Submitting and implementing corrective action plans
- Previous experience in meat processing
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong implementation and execution skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to be relatable, personable, and productive within a team environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Food Processing: 2 years (Required)
- Audits: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Safety: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.