The SQA Officer will play a vital role in developing a production system that is safe and reliable, with a view to achieving regulatory approval for cultured meat.
The job is full-time based on location in Maastricht
What you can achieve
Within this role, you will be responsible in creating a safe, reliable and controllable production system for meat and will be responsible for co-leading the regulatory application processes. Secondly, you will lead the process of the relevant quality standards in food and laboratory practices, making them compliant and complying. In addition, you will write, implement and control the quality procedures, which are necessary for reaching the goals of the company. As last, you are actively involved with process design from the perspective of quality assurance and bring the awareness of quality assurance to the company.
In brief, you will be responsible for
- The QA handbook and QC process (developing, manging and implement)
- Establish the procedures and standards by working with the process development team
- Specifying quality requirements of raw materials and end products, in addition to this implementing incoming and outgoing goods inspection where needed
- The set-up of safety rules regarding the lab and process design
- Actively contribute to the process design team for food safe equipment
- Set up food safety rules and NF application.
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality.
- Master's degree within Food Safety or related
- More than 5 years of QA working experience within the food and / or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with internal and external audits (by leading them)
- Some level of hygienic design practice skills
- (Basic) biotech or meat technology knowledge is a plus
- Novel Food knowledge or experience is helpful (not a must)
- Good numerical skills, understanding of statistics
What you can expect from the company
The team is full of ambitious, international scientists and engineers. We have a shared mission of bringing cultured meat to the market.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Work in a small start-up with an incredibly exciting mission
- Enjoy an enterprising and collaborative environment with a high degree of freedom in your projects
- Combine science with a commercial goal
- Work in the beautiful historical city of Maastricht
- Be entitled to 25 days of paid leave per year
- In addition to your normal remuneration, receive shares of the company
Please send your resume to y.kristiani @ progressiverecruitment.com. Please do not hesitate to contact even if this exact position is not the right fit. If you are open for a new job opportunity, you can contact the consultant. Yessi is also available at +31 20 522 1704