Progressive Global Energy has an Urgent need for a QA/QC Manager for one of the Largest Oil and Gas Operators in the World! Their shops are exceeding capabilities and they are feeling the impacts of this. Coating is the predominant issue.
- Management of shop inspection program and 3rd party contract inspectors spread out across the USA
- Responsible for contracting additional inspection or demobilizing inspection.
- Will run a crew of inspectors, help manage and work through quality issues related to coating and welding
- There is not a formula QA plan, default to industry specifics and then the QA/QC Manager will supplement this.
- Will work closely with procurement and construction groups and manage interface. Has ability to provide oversight and spot check X-ray
- Ideally 5-10 years of experience
- Ideal candidates will not be just an inspector but have the ability to understand the end goal, thinking outside the box to identify issues and make executive decisions to overcome issues without being too "black and white".
- Knowledgeable of ASME codes. ASME code vessels & shop, built tanks for field operations. Internal welding, hydro coating of vessels. ASME pressure vessel - section 8 and weld to section 9
- Coating - strong understanding & intent to apply to business objective. Preventing corrosion and blow outs ultimately.
- Familiar with API tank codes 12f, vendor guidance for coating applications knowledge, NACE & guidelines
- Welding - ASME code welding
Specific Coating Products Operator is Using are:
- Corchem 268
- Corchem 207
- NovaPlate UHS
- Enviroline 2405
- Corvell 1660
- Sherwin Williams Envirolastic DTM 940
Looking for backgrounds or experience in: engineering, construction, upstream oil and gas, pipelines, gas facilities, compressor stations, plant coding, welding, QA/QC.
QA/QC Manager will travel/rotate to all fab shops (15 total) all across the US. Schedule Example: 1 week per month visiting the shops, 1 week in the field observing construction, 2 weeks in Midland office. All travel costs are covered.
This is a full-time, long-term contract position. Based in the Midland, TX office working 40-60 hours per week. Overtime paid at time and a half. PPE will be provided. We offer full benefits and 401k to our W2 contractors with highly competitive industry pay rates. Per diem and mileage offered as necessary.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.