I am recruiting for a Protection Engineer for a Power, Transmission and Distribution project in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The company is an International Consultancy in the Power industry. This is a permanent role. Candidates must be immediately available to join the project.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct witness test relay functional test for determining correct operation and sign off the relevant documents. Make appropriate recommendation/ resolution for mitigation to operations, and report to line manager
- Perform system studies, provide protection requirements for design, review and sign off one-line elementary, logic diagrams and work with other discipline engineers - substation engineers, distribution field engineers, project engineers, apparatus engineers - to support sub transmission and distribution substation expansion, substation automation and infrastructure replacement projects
- Gather and evaluate line data of transmission, sub-transmission, distribution systems, transformer test data, switchgear date etc.
- Issue substation relays and dield auto recloser settings via relevant relay database to the field, support test technicians in-servicing or commissioning relay settings, review/ approve returned as left relay setting files, and communicate wit Test5 technicians for making revisions as necessary
- Support and review advanced power systems analyses
- Drive, Support and Contribute to innovative projects/ initiatives such as Protection impact studies due to Distributed Energy Resources
- Onsite commissioning testing and support
- Network Model in ETAP, SKM (PTW), Aspen Oneliner and or Digsilent Softwares
- Relay Coordination Study (using any of the above software tools)
- Load Flow and Short-circuit Studies (using any of the above software tools)
- Relay Setting Calculations (Distance Protection, Line Differential Protection, Transformer Protection, Busbar Protection, Generator & Motor Protections etc)
- Bsc Electrical Engineer
- 10+ years experience
This is a site based role but candidates must hold a GCC when required to be at client office.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.