I am currently looking for a Project Manager to work within the Business Development Department for a leading multinational organisation with the Power and Energy market.
This position will be a 2 year extendable contract, working in Oman at their project site location. The project is a Power and Water Desalination Plant with the client provided a number of services, related to O&M.
The ideal candidate, will have a strong technical knowledge related to gas and steam turbines but also the ability and track record to win new business to drive the company forward.
- To lead and further develop inspection and technical services to support the power plants and actively seeks new external opportunities in order to grow the business
- To plan and ensure effective management and control of the Business Development Branch in accordance with the established contractual requirements, schedules, quality, cost and time objectives;
- Responsible for all on-site operations, working with contractors and sub-contractors and ensuring the contract runs to schedule
- Key Accountabilities and activities:
- Ensures the implementation of the business plan and other procedures;
- Responsible for the Business Development budget. Prepares medium and long-term budget forecasts. Monitors and reports budget variances and deviations from forecasts on a regular basis;
- Implements agreements and contracts;
- Planned and unplanned maintenance of steam turbines, gas turbines and generators, including scope of work definition, planning, budgeting, site management, quality control, in house execution, outsourcing/contracting, parts ordering and managementCondition monitoring (vibrations measurement/analysis, thermographic survey of critical equipment), borescope inspections
- Analyzes costs and takes necessary measures as required;
- Reviews the organization structure on a continuous basis;
- Ensures that adequate and trained personnel are available to effectively carry out all activities. Supervises the skills of the staff, oversees programs for training and monitors that appropriate training programs be adopted;
- Thorough understanding of the Operations and Maintenance Agreement;
- Understanding of the Power and Water Purchase Agreement/Gas Agreement
- Must understand the budgeting, safety standards, ethics and economics related to the Power and Desalination Industry.
If this is something of interest, please send me your updated CV and I will call?
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.