Our client is a leading manufacturer of packaged goods and shelf stable foods who are seeking an experienced Project Engineer with a background in process engineering. This role will take responsibility for the managing planning and plant capital projects. The main deliverable will be the analysis of existing process and packaging systems in order to create and execute improvement plans to drive cost reductions, operating efficiency, safety, quality and continuous improvement.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise to operations teams to improve performance and address equipment issues.
- Prepare capital project documentation
- Delegate capital projects to the Engineering team.
- Meet cost, schedule, and project objectives utilizing internal and external resources
- Engineering studies to test and validate technology, capital equipment, and processes
- Read and create process diagrams, equipment installation and layout drawings, ammonia system diagrams, construction plans, instrumentation diagrams, electrical one line diagrams, PLC code, and other engineering documents.
- Equipment specifications, scopes of work, construction & installation contracts, bid documentation, schedules, cost, payback and capital requests.
- Develop and execute a long term site-specific CAPEX plan.
- Develop annual capital budget and forecast monthly. Provide reports to engineering leadership on progress with project reports on major capital projects.
- Communicate with finance team on construction in progress (CIP), CAPEX projections per month.
- Allen Bradley or Rockwell experience required.
- Engineering Degree or Degree in relevant technical field
- 5 years+ experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and relationship building skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analysis skills utilizing tools such as stats, downtime monitoring, mechanical history, project planning, etc. and identify opportunity areas.
- Strong organization and time management
- Prior Management experience
- Lean manufacturing environment experience
- OSHA and FDA standard experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.