I am recruiting for a Project Engineer for a 6 month + contract in Teesside. This will be for a key project involving heavy steel fabrication in the Nuclear industry.
Plans, monitors and manages internal projects from initiation through to completion. Directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Ensure projects are completed on time, within budgets and to required quality standards, whilst building and maintaining strong client relationships.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Manufacturing/Mechanical/Fabrication experience
* Heavy steel fabrication experience
* Experience of managing risk registers
* Cost estimations
* Managing sub-contractors
* An understanding of construction is beneficial
* Knowledge and experience of cost control
* Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications
* Work in conjunction with the Design Manager and Operations Manager to ensure that all engineering works meet the quality and HSE requirements of the contract
* Work in conjunction with the Design Manager to ensure that Engineering and Drawing Office activities are efficiently organised to meet the plan and budget requirements.
* Approves supplier/subcontractor documentation on behalf of the Project Manager.
* Building and maintaining customer relationships throughout the project, handling enquiries and contracts
If this is a contract that you will be interested in, please send me an up-to-date CV and your availability for a call to speak about the role.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales