Global Operator based in Midland is looking for a Project Controls Specialist to join their team for a long-term contract based in Midland, TX.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company that has invested billions of dollars into projects projected well into and beyond 2023.
You will be working very closely with the Engineering Manager assisting in all aspects of project controls, coordination and scheduling for large capital projects in the Permian/Delaware Basin ($500m - $1b in size).
Below are the details on the position:
Location: Midland, Texas
Position: Project Controls Specialist
Duration: 12 months with potential to convert full-time
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri (40hr week)
Rate: Negotiable depending on experience
- Form and read spreadsheets that control capital spending and planning what's included in their base scope, and if things change outside of that they'll help to evaluate what this change looks like from a cost and schedule perspective
- Coordinating drawings (project controls schematics) that shows when they are putting in specific areas of pipeline or tank batteries
- After the fact cost analysis, in terms of evaluating some of the systems, and when costs come in to be able to evaluate how they are doing verses original plan - balancing sheets.
- Works alongside the Water Engineering Manager and interface with the water team to make sure everybody is working on the same plan.
- More cost schedule and scope control.
- Must have experience working on Midstream projects (pipeline, tank batteries, pump stations, and/or oil field facilities)
- Strong systems aptitude - desired Spotfire, SAP, Excel
- Very detailed orientated - they have schematics but the projects change so often so they need to keep up with all of the changes and make sure it is captured appropriately across all control spreadsheets.
- The Pipeline scope is $500m - $1b right now, therefore some experience with large capital project of large pipeline tank batteries
- Cost analysis and scheduling for large capital projects
- Operating expenses vs capitol expenses
- Ideally experience working directly for the operator
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.