Job Title: Product & Process Development Engineer (Senior)
Johnson & Jonson Surgical Vision Groningen (with over 200 employees) is the Centre of Excellence decorated for innovative solutions for surgical ophthalmology, mainly intraocular lenses (IOLs), development, production, development.
The organization is subdivided into five core teams, most of which operate in an international environment according to strict quality guidelines. To have our mission converted to Groningen, looking for a (Sr.) Product & Process Development Engineer.
In this position you are responsible for developing and implementing reliable and robust production processes (especially) in the area of precision machining and measurement techniques. You are part of the Product Process Development team. In this position you often work in a team in a highly regulated industry. We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues with a background in Reliability, Materials, Sensory & Metrology and / or Automation & Robotics Engineer.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- You prepare process and machine specifications and you perform process validations, risk analyzes and FMEAs.
- You provide Design Transfers to production.
- You work closely with R&D (local and international) and you contribute to product development projects.
- You have an HBO or Masters degree - preferably in the (Mechanical) Engineer or a research specialization.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a development environment engineering within the Medical Devices Industry (or Similar).
- Knowledge of precision techniques required
- Experience in applying statistical view methodologies such as Lean Six sigma is a plus.
- You are focused on results, quality and safety and you see working in a dynamic, innovative and international environment as a challenge.
- You have excellent communication skills in English and Dutch (verbal and written).
- You like to take ownership and initiative, you are focused on your result, you are a cross-functional team player
Full timers must be available in Groningen 3-4 days per week with the occasional flexibility to travel to Eindhoven 1-2 days on average per week. The position is until the end of December 2020 with longer-term opportunities in case of future other projects.
If you want to apply, or want to know more information, send me your CV + Cover letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com