About the company:
As a results of ongoing and continued successes both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the Oil & Gas Engineering Consulting company is recruiting a Piping Engineer to join their Malaysia Offshore Operations team.
About the job:
Responsible for range of business critical task Including:
- Participate in the development of mitigation plans, e.g. repairs, replacements and close out of all high-risk anomalies, identified from the 3rd party piping and static equipment inspection campaigns, to ensure safe, environmentally sound, reliable and profitable operation of the process, marine and utility systems including engine room piping.
- Working closely with AI Piping Department, offshore crew on FPSO, Ops Manager, Ops Engineer, Technical Superintendent, Kikeh Paint Inspector, Maintenance Supt, Fleet Support etc. by giving status updates about piping, static equipment and pressure systems.
- Participate in root cause analysis investigations and coordinate testing of failed materials where required. Capture and implement lessons learned when required.
- Overseeing the successful implementation of 3rd Party NDT inspection campaigns. This include The Annual Piping (UTM) inspection, The annual CUI and PFP inspection, and The annual Pressure Vessel inspection.
- Working closely with the Ops Manager or Maintenance Coordinator to coordinate 3rd party offshore visits, for example, the retrieval of Corrosion Coupons on a 12 monthly basis, or at specific intervals where required.
- Conduct offshore visits to assess the condition of the lower H3 and MH4 severity anomalies
- Condition reports of these anomalies, which will include extensive photographs, will be issued to AI Piping Department who will review them in conjunction with our 3rd Party Engineering Company for assessment, using the Timeframe Under Consideration (TUC) approach.
To success in this role you must possess the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering related
- Minimum 3-5 years in Piping work experience in Oil & Gas, offshore operation highly advantage.
- Understand Risk Based Assessment (RBA) / Risk Based Inspections (RBI) and the principle of consequence of failure (CoF) versus probability of failure (PoF) and API 580 requirements
- Inspection experience in the way of Non Destructive Testing (NDT) of piping and Pressure.
- Vessels to recognised accredited inspection companies such as; American Society for Nondestructive Testing - SNT, The British Institute of Nondestructive Testing - PCN or equivalent, is preferred but not essential, as basic inspection training will be provided.
- Able to read and interpret P&IDs, Isometrics and understand Piping classes.
- Familiar with welding procedures and welder qualifications
- An understanding of Passive Fire Protection (PFP) i.e. Hydrocarbon Jet Fire / Hydrocarbon pool fire and knowledge of assessing the condition of PFP would be advantageous
- Willing to travel offshore approximately once a month (depending on the need)
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.