Title: Piping Designer II
Pay rate: $40/hr
Duration: 4 months
Shift: 40hr work week. 8hr shifts.
Work Location:,North of Salt Lake City Utah, USA
Progressive Global Energy are currently recruiting for a Piping Designer II to work for an oil and gas fortune 500 company. Our client is situated 20 minutes north of Salt Lake City.
In this position you will conduct design assignments for various departments and direct or lead the work of others from time-to-time. You will also be responsible for the supervision of contractors.
Some of the essential job functions for this position will be but not limited to:
- Acts as liaison between engineers and designers and keeps management apprised of any problems that could potentially affect the outcome of design projects in a negative manner
- Serves as plant-wide or pipeline and terminal resource for all drawings, foreign prints and contractor data
- Develops CAD standards
- Maintains reference data, drawings and drawing systems
- Recommends design changes to manager and/or engineers
- Works with manager and Engineers to obtain project information and ensure drawings are accurate and complete
- Performs design and drafting assignments related to the refineries or the pipelines and terminals
- Oversees outside contractor drawing compliance and when necessary, establishes a sign-off program for all out-going drawings
Key skills and experience required
- 3-5 years of on-the-job experience is required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, or an equivalent combination of education (in a technical related field) and work experience, is required.
- Advanced knowledge of pipeline systems and ability to apply this knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of electrical practices and instrumentation and instrument loop diagrams. Working knowledge of PLC and HMI (human machine interface) programming.
- Current knowledge of industry standards and governmental requirements and special training related to Drafting & Design.
- Ability to train, develops, and mentor designers and drafters of all levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Advanced reading and writing skills.
If you would like to learn more about this position or apply for it, please send your resume and call 7134231646.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.