- Performs terminal and station operations by coordinating with Pipeline Control and other affiliates to ensure timely, safe and quality controlled handling of products.
- Tank gauging, manifold line up, development of paperwork and log/record information related to inventories and quality control.
- Operation of process related equipment, preventative maintenance of equipment and product quality sampling.
- Testing, basic product accounting, product measurement, working with flammable corrosive chemicals and loading and unloading rail tank cars and trucks.
- Must be knowledgeable of environmental regulations and company policy concerning handling and disposal of hazardous substances.
- Participates in available cross training to effectively develop skills in areas specific to other operators and technicians.
- Maintain facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices inside and outside of the facilities.
- Attend all safety meetings and complete safety training courses as required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Technical certification or equivalent training/experience in a processing plant, pipeline or similar industry is desired.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
- Minimum of 3 years stable work history, preferably in the energy industry.
- Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and possess basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Good verbal/ written communication skills, decision making skills and strong work ethic.
- Able to maintain and promote good working relationships within a team environment.
- Able to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs and must live or relocate to within 1 hour response time of job assignment.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently or in a team environment and willing to learn.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgement with the ability to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
- Must have a history of being dependable and reliable, take pride in a job well done, and enjoy working hard.
- Candidate must have good organisational skills, excellent attention to detail.
- Good customer relation skills with the ability to interface with land owners and other corporate and field personnel.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.