Progressive Global Energy are working with a leading oil & gas midstream pipeline company and we're looking to hire an experienced pipeline GIS analyst on a minimum 6 month contract with a chance this contract could become a permanent position . This position will see the ideal candidate paid on an hourly basis with the pay rate flexible pending your years' of experience. The position it's self is based in Houston TX near the midtown area. The working schedule for this position is 9/80 meaning you would get every second Friday off.
As this is a contract position we require someone with a very particular skill set / level of experience to come in and hit the ground running. The ideal candidate will have the following experience as a minimum:
- 8 years' experience as a Pipeline GIS Analyst
- A sound understanding of ESRI ArcGIS
- Fully competent in linear referencing concepts. The ability to work/navigate with relational & spatial databases in a GIS and RDbMS environment
- A comprehensive understanding of alignment sheets, including stationing 2D, 3D Slack chain stationing
- Knowledge of pipeline construction and material specifications
- Able to generate cartographic maps using different spatial sources such as construction drawings, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs and existing maps.
- Strong knowledge of pipeline data management principals and pipeline data models (PODS ESRI Spatial)
- Midstream Pipeline business functions experience - Especially Survey Operations, Compliance, ROW & Engineering
- Pipeline Maintenance Tools experience to cleanse the data from various sources and load the data into PODS ESRI spatial geodatabase (Eagle Information Mapping Software Preferred)
- Responsible for quality control of both data and the process of work
If this position is something you would be interested in applying for or hearing more about then please respond to this advertisement with a copy of your most up to date resume including best contact details and I'll give you a call. If you feel like this position isn't for you but you know of someone, be it a friend or former colleague who would be a good fit for the position please feel free to forward on my details to them or even screen shot and share on your various social media outlets.
Progressive Global energy
832 900 5919
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.