Are you a developer looking for a new challenge? Are you interested in a challenging opportunity at a non-profit organisation? Great! This might be the one for you.
We're hiring a Perl Developer
As a Perl Developer you provide first line support for the automated provisioning process as well as assisting in re-factoring and implementing new services. Your position is in the technical team, consisting of SysOps, NOC, Engineering and Webdev. Within the team, you are responsible for providing scripting support to help monitor and automate tasks on the Linux server infrastructure. Additionally you work on the provisioning back-end, connecting the systems to the network components.
A track-record to fit in perfectly
- Experience with Perl (Python is also desirable);
- Experience building and/or consuming REST APIs;
- Experience working with SCRUM;
- Experience with test-driven development;
- Experience of Continuous Integration is beneficial;
- Experience with Git and Subversion;
- Experience with development on Linux systems;
- Experience with Linux command line, ability to do (at least) minor administrative tasks on a Linux system;
- Understanding of basic network protocols (TCP, UDP);
- Knowledge and understanding of the Intranet and Internet infrastructure market is a plus;
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps is a plus;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Ability to think fast and keep calm;
- Have the ability to multitask and manage deadlines;
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and accurate;
- Have the ability to express and understand complex issues in English both verbally and in writing.
What you will get for your efforts
- Annual salary based on experience
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- Career growth opportunities
- Inspiring work environment
- Great work location
Where the magic happens
The company is located in the heart of Amsterdam, it is a non-profit organisation that provides internet services. It is a challenging opportunity that gives you plenty of room to improve your expertise and skills.
Apply online or send your CV to Perl Developer via s.druiventak @ progressive-nl.com. If you would like to know more about this job or similar jobs in IT, contact Severo Druiventak via 020 530 5800 or s.druiventak @ progressive-nl.com.