I am looking for a NPM buyer to carry out a 12 month contract in the North East.
Purpose of Position and Objectives
- To coordinate the NPM activity in the plant by ensuring that suppliers are managed effectively on a daily basis.
- Take commercially sound actions as necessary to achieve Group/Plant KPI's and savings.
Main Responsibilities & Desired Outcomes
- Manage all NPM purchasing activities within the plant in line
- Sourcing of services/components by the raising of RFQ's on existing and/or new suppliers in conjunction with the requestors specification.
- Receiving of all quotations relating to NPM requirements, analysis of quotations, negotiating with suppliers and advising the requestor on commercial recommendations.
- Raising purchase orders thorough the plants ERP system.
- Raising of Supplier Justification Forms, (SJF), when necessary.
- To comply with KPI's, Targets and Objectives i.e. cost reduction, cost avoidance, CIS, supplier reduction, payment terms, automated orders etc.
- Provide supplier escalation support from requested departments.
- Provide supplier management by additions/updates through OneSB.
- Preparation for contracts, sourcing committees and internal audits in conjunction with Hub UK and Managers.
- Maintain all local contracts within database.
- Work to develop local commodity strategy in relation to existing/new suppliers and
- Represent the Purchasing department at meetings both internal and external as required.
- Ensure that services/components are covered 100% by a purchase order/agreement prior to delivery/commencement.
- Carry out any other reasonable request the Company asks of you
Qualification and Experience
- CIPS qualified or working towards the qualification
- Technical Engineer or minimum 3 years' experience in purchasing
If you are looking for work or alternatively have someone in mind then please respond with an up to date CV.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales