I am working with a client in the North East who is looking for a Material Controller.
Summary of duties is as follows :
Summary of Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Run MRP materials (SAP).
- Ensure continuity of supply to production.
- Co-ordinate SOP (Start of Production) and EOP (End of Production)
- Monitor/adjust material requirements in accordance with customer demand
- Print/issue schedules
- Expedite material deliveries to ensure we need pre build and start of production
- Work with purchasing to ensure supplier agreements are set up to meet build or manage alternate ordering process
- Report out any open issues to Management weekly
- Ensure SAP set up in the pre build to SOP phase in prep for handover to production intent to ensure continuity of supply pre SOP
- Liaise with suppliers/transport companies
- Liaise with internal customers
- Maintain supplier files
- Report on supplier delivery performance via vendor rating system
- Control defective material
- Act as co-ordinator for annual and interim inventory checks
- Support inventory reduction activities
- To control freight expenditure
- Ensure compliance with HSE regulations. Exercise high standards of H & S at all times, including Environmental Safety Awareness
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the company.
Experience in a fast paced logistics environment
If you are interested or alternately have someone in mind then please get in touch.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales