A Multibeam / Hydrographic commissioning Manager needed for an opportunity based from Aberdeen, with travel to UK based client sites when needed.
This will be a contract role, paying on a daily rate with the candidate needing to start by early May. Business costs will be covered.
The successful candidate will manage a team of Engineering Services staff and fulfil a technical role in managing complex multibeam commissioning projects through to their completion.
- Manage a local team of Engineering Services staff consisting of Hydrographic Surveyors and Engineers, providing leadership and day to day management support
- Manage the installation and commissioning of integrated multibeam survey systems, involving;
- Sensor integration design (hardware & software)
- Vessel installation management, dimensional control and calibrations
- Authoring and executing acceptance test protocols
- Training & customer support
- Diagnose and resolve customer hydrographic support issues through data analysis
- Provide precise, prompt & courteous customer support, and, when required, technical help and training
- Provide global technical sales support for shallow water installations and survey related matters
- Prepare technical documentation and drawings for hydrographic survey solutions
- Train customers in operation and maintenance of our clients Imaging products
- Manage the global training programPerform internal product testing, support and feedback into research and development
Qualifications & Experience:
- Comprehensive experience in the use of multibeam echosounder survey systems
- In depth knowledge of at least one of the leading hydrographic software packages for multibeam survey
- Degree level qualification in a survey related discipline
- Experience in the offshore/hydrographic industry
Behavioural Competencies/Physical requirements:
- Analytical thinker, able to problem solve & trouble shoot
- Ability to work in a team environment and build relationships, with internal and external organisations
- Self-motivated, able to manage a team of staff and also be able to work independently
- Excellent communication, both written and oral
If this position is of interest then please reply by sending across your CV. You can call me in the Manchester Progressive offices or find me on LinkedIn also.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales