I have a requirement for a Mechanical Engineer for a 12 month contract in Huddersfield.
Rate: Circa £30 per hour
Working within the Test Technology Function, supporting a team of 9 engineers looking at focusing on keeping the facility running smoothly, you will need to be experienced in working with Customers; whether internal or external from design through to install and commissioning.
Experienced Mechanical Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing, project management and facility change management.
Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
The role will support daily customer requests for pipe connection adapter and rig designs along with individual aspects of major test cell up fits and overhauls. The role will also support daily requirements of the lab to ensure operational efficiency and safety.
Key skills required for the role:
- Test equipment specification and design (use of CREO or similar design software required)
- Experience in material selection and manufacturing methods
- Project Management
- Establishes and maintains the "Balanced Triangle" of Scope, Schedule and Resources for a temporary effort (a "project")
- Use of quality tools to ensure high quality decision making
- Measurement systems analysis, structured problem solving, fault tree analysis, risk assessment and process hazard analysis
- A working knowledge of data acquisition and mechatronics is desirable
- Previous experience of interpreting test procedures and methods
- Working knowledge of HSE standards to ensure safe working practices (e.g. lifting equipment, ergonomics, hot working and working at heights)
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Effective communication
- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Building networks - Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- Managing complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales