Based in Somersby, NSW, we currently have a vacancy for an experienced draftsperson to join our Engineering team on a contract basis. Working as a member of a tight-knit team, this is an opportunity for you to use your product, application and engineering knowledge to holistically manage conveyor products throughout their life from concept, design, manufacture through to the application and use of the product.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide initial drawings that meet client and Australian standards requirements to engineers for design verification.
- Produce 3D models to Australian and Joy Global Standards, meeting client expectations
- General arrangements to client for approval.
- In consultation with engineers participate in design risk assessments.
- Follow up any resulting actions from risk assessments as required.
- Take engineered GA's and detail them. Present for peer checking and then send back to engineering team for final sign off and release.
- Maintain and monitor drafting schedule for comparison to plan. Provide regular feedback to Senior Draftsperson on any slippage.
- Maintain and adhere to drawing register and filing system. Follow the drawing office manual
- Liaise with customers as required to understand client requirements, finalise drawings and participate in risk assessments.
Experience, skills and attributes required:
- Qualifications in drafting
- Experience in manufacturing or heavy engineering desirable
- A comprehensive knowledge of conveyor systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer aided design Autodesk software (Inventor) Works/ANYS etc )
- Familiarity with using Australian or ISO standards where applicable
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- You will need to be a self-starter and who can effectively communicate at all levels within the business.
If this sounds like a job for you please hit apply!!
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018