My client is in need of a Designer in the Jacksonville, Florida area on a six month contract.
Rate: $33 hourly
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Contract: 6 months
Schedule: M-F / 8 hour days
- Associate's Degree in drafting or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in drafting and design.
- Experienced using Solidworks making components and complex assemblies.
- An understanding of configuration management and PLM systems is required.
- SAP or ECTR experience is a plus.
- The position reports to the Sustaining Engineering Manager.
- Drafter/Designer is responsible for preparing clear, complete and accurate detail drawings from detailed mark ups, sketches and/or notes under direct supervision.
- Construct 2D and 3D component, sub-assembly, and assembly drawings from sketches or red lined prints using Solid Works.
- Correct or revise drawings by incorporating specific drawing changes, Engineering change notices (ECN), checkers notations, or related information.
- Makes revisions including dimension and scaling.
- Updates ERP system (SAP) information as it relates to the drawing revisions and release.
- Understands and uses ASME Y14.5 GD&T, Engineering Drafting Standards and Document Control practices appropriately.
- Create and modify Bills of Materials (BOM) and enter into the ERP (SAP) system.
- Communicates with senior designers, drafting supervisor and project engineers to resolve design questions.
- Machining/Manufacturing experience is desirable.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.