Urgently searching for a Master Scheduler for an Oil and Gas company in Carlsbad, NM.
The work schedule will be M-F, 40 hours/week. Relocation is not offered, so local candidates are ideal.
Please see job description below.
- 10+ years experience as a Scheduler for an Oil and Gas Operator
- 5+ years scheduling experience on Upstream Facilities Construction projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Primavera / P6 experience required
The master scheduler will be in charge of coordinating the schedules of the construction group out in NM. The group works on upstream facilities (tank batteries, SWDS, compressor stations, etc.) they will have to work with construction team, electrical, automation, engineering and other teams within the group.
- Knowledge of complex concepts, practices and procedures within the project scheduling field.
- Solid understanding of internal economic factors affecting assignment areas (costs, margins, profit impact of decisions) and external factors affecting the business.
- Proficiency with CPM scheduling software and techniques including Primavera P6 and or MS Project.
- Ability to use experience and judgement to independently analyze facts or transactions to resolve problems and to determine action to be taken within the limits of standard practice.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for inter-departmental and external company interaction.
- Ability to handle many diverse tasks simultaneously and be able to work effectively with interruptions.
- Experience in project coordination and/or project scheduling.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of policies and procedures that apply to assignments.
- Experience in project reporting, cost control, procurement, contracts administration and construction management support is an asset.
- Demonstrates exceptional persuasion, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact with suppliers and co-workers in a team based environment.
- Demonstrates good report writing and effective presentation skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional organization and project planning skills.
- Leads and directs the work of a group of project planner/schedulers. Responsible for all scheduling and progress reporting on the project (internal and external)
- Monitors and analyzes project schedule and progress reports. Notifies management of any items in the schedule that require attention prior to issuance to the client.
- Works with cost control in providing productivity analysis and progress measurement.
- Assists with determining and implementing planning and scheduling procedures and methods.
- Mentors and trains other schedulers within the organization.
If qualified and interested, please apply with your updated resume ASAP as this is an urgent position.
Vanessa Lopez 832.900.5935
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.