I am working with a client in the North East who is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer.
Project Information Plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes. Work in conjunction with the Project Engineer and Design Manager to coordinate the issue of all project products. Works with the Cost Control Manager and Project Engineer to produce Estimates for manufacturing costs, makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements and agrees time standards, and maintains records and recording systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods
- Engineering planning and creation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Work in conjunction with the Project Engineer and Design Manager to Analyse and plan work force utilisation, space requirements and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Liaise with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
- Liaise with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards
- Work in conjunction with the Project Engineer and Design Manager to Read and interpret engineering drawings and technologies
- Work in conjunction with the Project Engineer and Design Manager to Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential
- Work in conjunction with the Project Engineer and Design Manager to identify Identification and introduction of product/process improvements
- Work in conjunction with the Project Engineer and Design Manager Specifies material requirements, defining suitable methods of manufacture and identifying, and implementing necessary tooling and equipment
- Work in conjunction with the Project Engineer and Design Manager to undertake contract reviews, ensuring all specs can be met and engineering drawings are correct
- Advise others on manufacturing methods
- Travel off site to client or suppliers as and when required
- Any other similar requirements as requested
- Previous experience in similar engineering role
- Welding and Fabrication experience is desirable
- Competent with managing timescales and cost budgets
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT literacy, familiarity Microsoft programs including Microsoft Project, and other project based software
- Able to work as part of a team to tight deadlines and targets
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Engineering Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, or relevant Engineering discipline, or qualified by experience
- Technical HNC/ONC Qualified desirable
If you are interested or have someone in mind for this position then please get in touch.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales