Permanent role / Magneto Developer / Retail sector / Chiswick / Immediate requirement
My retail client is currently looking for a Magento Developer on a permanent basis to join their development team. The role is to support the business with its current Magento Enterprise implementation and Node.js presentation platform by working collaboratively with the rest of the Multichannel and Core Systems teams.
- Enhancing and extending the core capabilities of the clients Magento Ecommerce trading platform.
- Influence the digital development department by helping shape best working practises, such as coding standards, design patterns, code reviews, documentation, testing and agile methodologies.
- Translating user requirements into functional design specifications and working with-in the scrum team to estimate accurate timescales during sprint planning.
- Work closely with QA to ensure a solid testing environment is adhered to, including CI, DVCS and release management.
Qualifications & Experience required
- Magento Developer - Deep understanding in the core Magento platform with the ability to advise in all areas comfortably (ideally professionally certified).
- Git version control - Working experience using git and Github
- Experience working on an ecommerce application (or other dynamic/transactional applications)
- OOP PHP - Substantial experience developing in PHP applications using object oriented programming principles. We have Laravell and Cake applications as well as Magento.
- LAMP Stack - An understanding of the LAMP stack with an ability to debug issues on a production environment.
- HTML/CSS - Comfortable creating templates and making minor styling amends.
- SQL - Complete confidence creating, querying and updating relational databases.
- XML - Experience of creating, using and manipulating XML.
- JSON - Experience using and interacting with JSON Objects.
- Experience with AWS (desirable)
If you would be interested in applying for the role on a permanent basis only, please send an updated CV and I will be in touch to discuss further.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales