Title: Machine Operator
Pay rate: $24.50/hr
Duration: 1 year
Shift: 1st shift - 4am - 2:30pm / Monday - Saturday 50hr work week
2nd shift - 2pm - 12.45am / Monday - Saturday 50hr work week
Houston Texas USA 77252
Miller) Machinist 1st shift - 4am - 2:30pm / Monday - Saturday
*Need Mill experience - (Kuraki machines preferred)
Set up and operate various types of conventional machines to perform production-machining operations where sequences, set-up methods, material and tooling are specified by process drawings, shop orders and other documents
* Work within close tolerances, utilizing digital readout equipment, to perform adjustments and measurements, assuring proper alignment of machine and parts, etc.
* Operate a variety of manual and/or CNC machine tools such as lathes, drill presses, milling centers, grinders, vertical turret lathes and horizontal boring mills to produce products that meet required specifications
* Identify and describe process problems using corrective action sheets
* Complete required documentation with accurate information such as routers, labor reporting, checklists and inspection reports
* Inspect work to ensure conformity to requirements.
* Read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
* Perform the most complex operations on conventional milling and turning machines.
* Train and mentor others to develop skills
* Perform all setups and layout work.
* Perform complex troubleshooting
* Demonstrate machining theory expertise
* Play an active role in machining business initiatives
* Interface with internal functional departments
* Exhibit good housekeeping and safety practices
* Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations.
* Perform other related duties as assigned or indicated by responsibilities.
* Perform all duties as assigned by management.
* High school diploma or GED
* Minimum of 8 years of directly-related machinist experience
* Minimum 5 years of CNC machining and processes experience Eligibility Requirements:
* Ability and willingness to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines necessary or desirable to meet its business needs, as required
* Ability and willingness to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. on a repetitive basis
* Must obtain forklift license to operate company forklift
* Worked with oil field products
* Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
* Proficient in inspection equipment and techniques.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut and enter commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media
* Must be a certified self-inspector.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.