I'm currently looking for a Senior Linux System Administrator. This position involves managing the operations of the Enterprise Red Hat Linux computing infrastructure, including a sizeable virtual machine environment. You will also need to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve complex system related problems, as well as document the work which was done.
You will be dealing directly with the administration and deployment team on the customer's side, thus ensuring that day to day operations are as smooth as possible and that integration of the customer's own software stack with the solution provided by the company is seamless.
Other responsibilities involve:
- Install and configure Linux OS and associated components
- Create and modify user accounts
- Maintain a precise and clear system documentation; document processes and procedures for the customer
- Provide technical oversight and consultation as required
- Recommend appropriate actions to improve performance, ensuring high availability
- Monitoring of the whole system for proper working status and first line of support
Vast experience in a System Administrator's position in a large enterprise IT environment and the ability to document your work precisely. You have considerable knowledge of Linux Operating System; you are RHCSA and/or RHCE certified. Next to this, you are a virtualization expert, you ideally obtained RHCVA. Last but not least, you have extensive experience with Ansible Automation.
Skills and characteristics
- Additional preferences are experience with Icinga and/or Graylog.
Technical job requirements
- You will be at the forefront of support for this important customer but will have the full support of the other internal teams at your disposal.
- Easy communicator and excellent written communication skills, including technical writing ability
- Strong customer focused approach
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player who works productively with a wide range of people
- A passion for Computational technology, Linux and HPC
- A high degree of self-motivation
- Ability to deal with responsibility
- Ability to work autonomously from remote or at customer siteJob Features
- To be eligible for this job, you are required to undergo the security clearance procedure. It's a plus if you already obtained security clearance (level Ü2).
South of Germany, work from remote is an option
native German, and fluent in English
- A competative salary
- Working with the newest technologies and HPC's
Please contact me via:
E-mail: p.vandelden @ progressive-nl.com
Pieter van Delden