My client based in Staffordshire is looking for a Power Electronics Engineer to join the team.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience within -
-In depth Power Electronics and High Voltage knowledge (such as HVDC and FACTs applications, Variable-speed drives)
- Power electronic components (IGBTs, thyristors, passive components)
- Proven ability in product design, validation and industrialisation
- Thermal Design (loss calculations, heatsink specification, CFD)
- Power Electronic control & protection
- Design for excellence (DFX) (e.g. manufacturing, cost, size, weight, efficiency, performance, test, maintenance)
- Simulation tools such as Matlab-Simulink, PSCAD-EMTDC
The ideal candidate should have proven experience of the design and development of power electronic converters (preferably at high power 1MVA). A good understanding of power semiconductors, their control, protection and application is critical. It is also expected that applicants will have an experience in developing passive components as part of a power electronics converter, such as inductors, capacitors, etc.
Please click to apply with your latest CV and I will be in touch!
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales