My client, a large Oil and Gas EPC Company is currently looking for a Instrumentation Specialist to join their team located in Katy, TX. This will be a 6 month contract, with the industry picking back up, the potential to extend or become full time after the contract is over is highly likely.
- Oversee I&E department Instrumentation specialists and specifiers in relation to the specification, bid, and purchase of instrumentation.
- Generate IO lists, Cause and Effect charts and Control Narratives.
- Edit and update project P&ID's to correctly represent all instrumentation and controls.
- Support the provision of all documentation pertaining to the specification, quotation and purchase of devices is updated and readily available.
- Support the purchase, tracking, and expediting, as necessary, of all required instrumentation in order to meet project deadlines, including relief valves, control valves, metering and analytical instrumentation.
- Review P&ID's to ensure correctness and consistency in the representation of instrumentation, control loops and control functions.
- Support the identification of potential instrumentation problems and resolve them.
- Responsible for the creation and revision of I/O lists, Control System Narratives and Cause and Effect Diagrams, including range and settings management.
- Purchase, track, and expedite as necessary all required instrumentation in order to meet project deadlines, including relief valves, control valves, metering and analytical instrumentation.
- 5+ Pipeline experience ideal
- Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred
- 5-15 years' experience in an instrumentation specialist position
Location: Katy, TX
Pay rate: $45 to 55 hr
Contract length: 6 Month Contract
Schedule: 50hrs a week; Monday to Friday
Overtime: Time and a half
If you have the relevant experience for the position apply with your most recent resume and I will contact you by phone.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.