About the company:
As a results of ongoing and continued successes both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the Oil & Gas Engineering Consulting company is recruiting a Lead Electrical Engineer to join their Engineering team in East Malaysia.
About the job:
As the Lead Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for range of business critical task Including:
- Lead a team of engineers and designers in carrying out detailed engineering work for large sized projects assuming entire responsibility for conceptual and detailed design and provide necessary technical information for procurement in compliance with tender specifications/data sheets and within budgeted man-hour and project schedules.
- Perform conceptual, FEED, and detailed analyses and design as per design basis, project specifications, design codes and standards.
- Apply in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and nonstandard situations.
- Prepare clear and accurate detailed design calculations and analyses including design reports and procedures.
- Manage own time to meet objectives, and (as Lead Engineer) forecast and plan resource requirements.
- Clearly communicate and explain difficult concepts and persuade others to adopt a point of view.
- When acting as Lead Engineer, in addition:
- Direct small or medium Electrical Engineering team as a Lead Engineer.
- Lead the Discipline engineering design of the assigned work area and complete within planned schedule and budget, in accordance with standards, MDR and project-specific procedures and to a high professional standard.
- Plan, organize and direct all aspects of Discipline execution on the assigned project including scope, deliverables, schedule and all manpower resources - agree allocations with the Discipline Manager.
- Ensure interfaces and deliverables are clearly identified.
- Maintain responsibility for progress and productivity, identifying any required corrective action
- Act as project representative for the Discipline during meetings with Project Team, Customer discipline lead and relevant agencies such as certifying authorities, auditors, third parties, etc.
To success in this role you must possess the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 15 years in electrical engineering work experience in EPC for Oil & gas ideally for Offshore projects.
- Registered Professional Engineer with BEM
- Good communication skill and experiences in leading team of engineers & designers for the detail and engineering work for large sized projects.
- Conversant with clients' standard such as Shell's DEP, ExxonMobil's, Petronas GP and DP will be added advantage.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.