Progressive IT are working with a global trading company to build out their operations team in their Sydney head office.
This role is for a Junior IT Operations Engineer to focus on Linux and desktop support requests. You will work with cutting edge technologies, gain complete exposure to global trading infrastructure and applications, working on Linux environments.
To begin with, the role will be split 70% desktop support - 30% exposure to IT Operations. My client is seeking someone with great communications skills, a smart thinker with a love for solving technical problems independently and most importantly, the desire to continually learn and pick up new things - Attitude is KEY!
What you will be responsible for:
- Provide 1st line desktop support to trading, technology and operations teams
- Build and set up new desktop PCs
- Install and roll out services for new desktops, laptops, printers, IP Phones etc.
- Troubleshoot desktop application problems, including trading software
- Hardware fault diagnosis of desktops, laptops and general office IT equipment
- Triage Service Desk tickets for desktop; hardware, software and networking issues
- Liaise with vendors on new and existing support cases, arrange for sparing and any replacement warranty claims
- Troubleshoot network connectivity for desktops, laptops, network printers, application and general network related issues
- Follow up problem tickets until resolution
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of ITO support
- Hands-on experience with Linux Ubuntu environments
- Exposure to DevOps technologies: Puppet, Python preferred
- Commercial knowledge of standard office products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Solid problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Personable and team-player outlook
- Experience with the Atlassian stack - Jira, Confluence, Service Desk (highly beneficial)
- BSc degree in any engineering discipline
- 2+ years' experience in financial sector (highly beneficial)
This is an amazing opportunity for Linux / Desktop Support Engineer to break into the trading space, joining a well-established, high performing and collaborative organisation who strive to grow and break records year-on-year.
To learn more, please contact Adam Wilkinson for a confidential discussion on 02 9285 1010 and click APPLY!
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018