Progressive IT are currently seeking a Software Engineer (Java) for a fast-growing fintech company. This is an exciting time to join a payments company who have a ground-breaking product and an exciting future!
Location- for the first 3 months (maximum) you will be based in the Geelong office, and you will then switch to 1 day per week in the Geelong office and the rest of the week in the CBD office.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Software Engineer who will take ownership of the quality of their work, and who enjoys working as part of a small team. You will have a passion for solving complex problems in an agile environment.
The system has a lightweight Java microservices architecture built on AWS using a suite of open source tools like: Docker, Kafka, Spring, Nginx, and Elasticsearch. The company believe in automating everything that is possible within their engineering function, and place a high value on the full automation of functional and performance testing - this is an important role within the company.
The Role and Requirements
- Adding automated test suites to the core platform, testing APIs and UIs
- Work with the team to identify and implement automated tests for verification of functional and non-functional product requirements
- Writing clean, maintainable code
- Analyse, maintain and evolve existing solutions
- Develop an understanding of the payments and transit business domain and technical platform
- Core Java- JavaSE
- RESTful web services, integration with APIs
- Test automation - jUnit / Mockito / WebDriver / TDD practices
- Familiar with use of build tools (Maven), CI tools (Jenkins), source control (Git)
- Working with DataBases
Desired Technical Experience
- Experience with Messaging (e.g. JMS/Kafka) and Spring
- Flexible and casual working environment
If this role sounds to be of interest, apply with your updated resume and a consultant from Progressive will be in contact to discuss the role further.
You must have full working rights in Australia**
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com