My client, an Oil and Gas Company is currently looking for an Instrumentation Engineer to join their team located in Houston, Texas.
This is an 6 month contract position with a strong possibility of extension. This role will typically suit someone who has a strong Instrumentation and controls background.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Familiar with Multilin pump relays.
- Pump instrumentation
- How to design a custody transfer meter run for a liquids pipeline.
- Pressure and temperature readings were required.
- Experience with terminals.
- Could develop Cause and Effect Matrices, and then described a failure analysis for a specific transmitter.
- Comfortable sizing pressure control valves, know the parameters required to size one.
- We need someone with DOT facility experience and terminal experience.
- Instrument a mainline pump, design a measurement skid, and instrument a storage tank.
- Basic engineering documentation for an instrument engineer includes data sheets for instruments and control systems, specifications of Control Buildings, development of Cause and Effect Matrices, development of Control Narratives, Scope of Work
- The ability to mark-up instrumentation on P&IDs to match ISA standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Texas Professional Engineer license required.
- Will also need to have control systems & instrumentation
- Pump motors
- VFD's & MCC's
- Knowledge of NEC and API codes required.
- How to wire a valve
- Knowledge and experience of pipeline industry construction
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.