My client is currently looking for 2 experienced Infrastructure Architects for a 12 month contract (possible extension) based in Melbourne CBD. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity with an organisation based in the Insurance sector. You will be joining a well-established team, that offers a great work life balance and Opportunity to grow within the business.
Please see below some of the Accountability's / Skills needed for this role:
- Hands on design and managing vendor suppliers throughout the design process.
- Manage architectural governance
- Provide guidance as they push towards cloud.
- Ensure that the project initiatives don't deviate from their original scope without appropriate architectural oversight
- Anticipate future program challenges and bring experience and context to drive a successful project outcomes
- Promote collaboration between the architecture function and Technology Platform Teams to advise and support them making the best architecture decisions in line with overall guidelines and strategy
- Ensure a simple but robust supplier governance framework is in place to unlock full potential of strategic third-party suppliers whilst ensuring legal/regulatory compliance
- Proactively manage risk; meet all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to Process and Procedures pertinent to role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified
- Over 8 years Infrastructure Architecture experience
- Broad understanding of Infrastructure, including storage, networks, hardware, virtualisation and operating systems.
- Good understanding of cloud (on/off premise, SaaS, IaaS and PaaS)
- Understanding of SQL database, MS Linux, Red Hat
- Understanding of Virtualisation tools such as VMWare, exposure to OVM would be highly desirable.
- Strong background in storage networks
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Banking, Financial Services or Insurance industry experience
If you feel you have the skills / experience needed to be successful within this role please don't hesitate to apply as and I will call you to discuss the role further as soon as possible.
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com