IT Project Manager
Pay rate: $80 per hour (negotiable)
Duration: 7 Months
Shift: 8hr days, 40hr work weeks.
Work Location: Downtown Houston, Texas
- Must have SAP related project management experience
- Must have Finance and IT project management experience
- Must be located in Houston, Tx area
- Must be expert level capability working in MS Project
- Strong experience with projects in the Book to Report / Tax & Treasury space
Sr IT Project Manager Reporting to the IT Program Delivery team, this position will be responsible for the leadership and management of Book-to-Report and Tax & Treasury projects in an SAP environment. The expectation is that this position will lead as well as manage all project activities via the utilization of a detail project plan and via the utilization of many years of experience with similar engagements. This position also ensures the successful transfer of knowledge from the project team to the post-implementation support organization and all employees affected by the implementation. The position works closely with business and IT technical teams, serving as an expert project manager resource. This is a position of influence, negotiation and expectation management:
- Maintains complete autonomy for the management of the project to meet the needs of the business, as outlined in the business case and articulated by the steering committee
- Leads project team members and core team meetings * Maintains and controls the project budget, schedule and resources
- Responsible for project planning, resource allocation, steering committee communication and team organizational structure management
- Responsible for project communications
- Manages project scope, risk and issue resolution
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables
- Responsible for ensuring that the project can deliver the benefits outlined in the business case and that it meets the reasonable expectations of end users
- Must have senior communication skills with executive presence skills and influence Primary Contacts
- Line-of-business managers for business users affected by the project
- IT line managers for all IT associates involved in the selection, design, implementation, rollout and/or update of business applications
- IT Developers and Testers
- Business stakeholders
- Heads of governance bodies needed to make the necessary decisions
- Hardware, software and service vendors Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, or related field. MBA a plus.
- 10 to 15 years of IT and industry related experience with large, global organizations. A minimum of 8 years in a project management role, managing medium to large global teams.
- Experience managing Finance related projects
- Experience working with SAP/Non-SAP integration
- Experience in formal PMO delivery methodologies
- Project Management certification; PMP certification from the Project Management Institute preferred
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.