IP Network Engineer
The role of Network Engineer for my client is to plan, implement and manage network services and related infrastructure.
You will develop Low Level Designs for network upgrades, develop and implement policies and procedures for capacity and performance management, provide technical support as well as mentor other Engineers in the team in your area of expertise. You will also work on performance analysis, recurring system maintenance, systems troubleshooting.
- New technology, product evaluation, POC testing & development projects.
- Configuration and management of IP/MPLS core including BGP optimization.
- Configuration and management of edge network (BNG/LNS).
- Tier 3 network and services support for Operations.
- Capacity management and upgrade program management for national/international network.
- Development and use of Network Management tools.
Experience & Skills
- Experience with Cisco IOS-XR & JUNOS software.
- Juniper and or Cisco certifications (JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE/CCNA/CCNP/CCIE).
- Experience with BGP, MPLS, IS-IS, Segment Routing, QinQ & QoS.
- Practical knowledge of DNS, Radius, TACACS and DHCP.
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- 4+ years' experience within a Telco/ISP environment.
- Solid understanding of OSI layer 2-7 with strong troubleshooting experience in layer 2-4.
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical/Electronics/Telecom/Computer Engineering/Information Technology.
- Experience with Juniper MX Routers.
- Knowledge of hypervisors, virtualization & NFV technologies.
If this role is of interest to you and you believe you have the skills and experience required then I am keen to speak to you so please apply ASAP.
For more information please speak to George Hirst at Progressive IT.