On behalf of my client, a Main EPC Solar Contracting Company I am recruiting for a HR Manager for Oman office.
This is a 1 year extendable contract. The purpose of the role is to manage the Human Resources Management, Managing Profitability, Building Relationships, People Skills, Retaining Employees
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing (i.e. Visa, Stamping etc.), compensation, health and welfare benefits, records management, employee relations and retention, compliance as per local law and labor relations.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Complies the local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; adherence to requirements.
- Designing the HR policy for workmen as per applicable local laws and regulations.
- Acting as a consultant to line managers for the implementation of policies.
- Carrying out formal consultation procedures on a variety of issues as required by law.
- Preparing staff handbooks and to ensure that the workforce is aware of company policies.
- Coordinate with Project Directors for mobilization and demobilization activities & act on advice of Head of HR to source workmen.
- Finalization of site allocation as per the requirements of the site.
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with employees / contractors.
- Assisting in the resolution of specific disciplinary or grievance cases, including acting as an arbitrator between the employee and the line manager.
- Providing accurate advice on issues arising from employment contracts and legislation.
- Ensure that grievance handling and disciplinary proceedings are carried out in line with company policy and local law.
- Arranging for workmen to know the rules and regulations of living in the country including HR policies and procedures by conducting Induction Programs.
- Visiting camps of workmen as and when required to ensure that workmen live in healthy and hygienic surroundings. Also making sure that workmen are not absent from duty without genuine reason while visiting camps as per local laws.
- Coordinating with camp supervisors to ensure that the employees have access to better facilities including food, infrastructure at camp, recreational facilities etc.
- Coordinating for conducting Probationary evaluation of workmen with the respective Project Managers / HR.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post graduate in Human Resources
- Have worked in Oman for 10 + years
- Have worked in an EPC company - Solar Experience is preferred
- Excellent people management skills
If this role sounds of interest, please apply for this role with your most up to date CV
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.