The Global Strategic Purchaser is responsible for the selection, set-up and management of the company suppliers in all aspects of the business relationship in order to further optimize the sourcing efficiency for her/his commodities according to company purchasing and company policies.
* Market knowledge: Prospect and monitor the supplier base and involved raw material trends worldwide for the assigned electrical, electtromecanical, PCBA's, transformers and cable tree commodities.
* Supplier management: Monitor, audit and continuously improve quality and delivery performance of the assigned suppliers. If needed, propose corrective actions and ensure follow-up. Introduce and manage supplier development plans and specific cost reduction projects.
* Contract negotiations: Introduce, negotiate and manage supply contracts and blanket orders.
* Master data: Apply and maintain supplier and procurement data within the company ERP system for the assigned commodities. Control and release purchase orders and supplier invoices.
* Contribute to purchasing synergy programs between the different company sites.
* Maintains regular contact with internal/external interface partners to recognize developments and exert influence accordingly.
* Quality management: execute supplier selection audits and follow-up corrective actions at suppliers.
* First contact for fundamental procurement issues and advices
Business Skills/ Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in industrial purchasing of electronical parts/ electromechanical parts/PCBA's/transformers.
- Requires extensive product knowledge, understanding supplier's capabilities, and varied manufacturing processes.
- Knowledgeable in cost reduction techniques, just-in-time principles, standard cost, and total cost & quality management.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment and adapt to changing workload.
- Strong negotiation skills required.
- Must possess strong, effective verbal and written communication skills
- Best practices in strategic purchasing (RFI, RFQ, bench-marking, supplier evaluation and development, contract definition, price negotiations…)
- Good knowledge of logistic processes (VMI, cost of inventory, consignment, 2-bin, incoterms…)
- Intercultural experience, preferably with international (Asian and/or East European) vendors.
* Technical Master or Bachelor with commercial affinity
* Economical master with an important technical affinity or a first industrial experience
* ERP system (SAP is a plus)
* Quality monitoring systems
* Microsoft Office : Excel, PowerPoint ,Word, Outlook and Skype for business
* PDM is an asset
* Fluent in English
* Preferably basic knowledge in Dutch and/or French or ready to learn it.
* All other languages are an asset
* High level of integrity and ethics
* Ownership and accountability
* Decision making / judgment
* Quality and result oriented person with responsible and pro-active attitude.
* Highly developed interpersonal skills
* Easy assimilation of technical product specifications (drawings, process data,…)
* Team player
* Negotiation skills
* Budget / cost control
* International communication
* Creativity / innovation
* Customer focus
* Results focus